Help Installing A Door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantonlypeace

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out, an article maybe?, how to install a basement door. I have a ranch house and am in the last phase of re-moseling my basement; but before doing so I wanted some info on how to install a door.

Hello, Can you be more specific? Interior door? Exterior door out a walk way? Exterior bilco style door? Maybe I can help if you can give me a better idea. ;)GregC

lots of youtube videos on how to install a door. also, try DIY network. however, its pretty simple. step#1. Remove old door , and frame (use a recriprocating saw to remove the screws in between the frame and the studs)#2. Insert the door, and new frame into the Rough opening and plumb the frame using wood shims. #3 inserts screws into the frame on both side to secure the door the studs (on the hinge side, use the holes left the hinges...on the latch side, place the screws behind the weatherstripping so they wont be seen)...#4. mitre and install the new trim. #5. Install the lockset and deadbolt

Latest posts

Back