Garage door weather stripping options?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o2284200

Reaction score
I have tenants of the reptilian nature who are not paying rent, I might add. They're coming in through the garage doors. Went to big box stores & Ace locally but apparently, I've got the only weather stripping with one track instead of two...Anyone know where I can get something heavy duty similar to mine?

Also...I have a large gap that runs from one corner of the garage door across the top to other corner and wondering what I can do there?

Thanks!

fxyg.jpg

h83b.jpg

wlob.jpg
ywvb.jpg

+1

I would put down the combination of the dam leg across the floor in combination with the new, splined weather strip gasket.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...or+seal/h_d2/Navigation?resultsPerPageAjax=48
Not one of these?
You may be able to adjust the track to bring the top out but before you try that run the door up and down and see how close any part of the door come to the frame.

Thanks!
I found one in there that may just fit but it looks kinda flimsy. HD guy said to use a 2 track piece of weather stripping but just squeeze both ends into the single track on the bottom of the garage door like this:

ivda.jpg

Last edited:
Back