What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
74 here Tuesday, 44 yesterday and 40 mph wind gusts. Have to say I'm ready for some spring myself. And I don't miss winters when I lived in Ohio. Plenty of seasonal change here in mid TN.

We had a little seasonal change over the night woke this morning to 7 degrees and an inch of new snow. If they would have called the snowiest city in the USA 2013-14 on the first day of spring we would have won hands down but they let it go till any chance of snow is gone I guess, and Syracuse is sneaking up the list. And now we are only in first place by .3 inches.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

I really don’t want a tee shirt that says “I live in the second snowiest city in the country” “by a smidgen” So we came this far I’m all in for another good dumping on and get it over. We measure out snowfall at the airport and they say we are at 130.7” and where I moved to 30 miles south of town I know we have at least hit 200” plus this year.

Craving spring I cut some buds off several of my flowering shrubs a week ago and brought them in the house to force them. My kitchen window on the inside says spring outside it still looks frozen. The next season we get here is called “snud” really looking forward to the snow/mud mixture.

You go Bud, everyone here is pulling for ya. And if you win, we all want T-shirts that say. "Erie is the snowiest city in the USA and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

You go Bud, everyone here is pulling for ya. And if you win, we all want T-shirts that say. "Erie is the snowiest city in the USA and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

Ha Ha you got it. We might go for the trifecta this year, Snow, Rust and Mosquitos. :trophy:

I pulled my GMC 2500 up beside the garage Friday after work and the mud was 8 inches deep. Was quite interesting this morning as my tires were froze in the ruts. 2WD didn’t cut it 4WD low range got the job done but the first five miles was a little bumpy. :hide:

Ha Ha you got it. We might go for the trifecta this year, Snow, Rust and Mosquitos. :trophy:

I pulled my GMC 2500 up beside the garage Friday after work and the mud was 8 inches deep. Was quite interesting this morning as my tires were froze in the ruts. 2WD didn’t cut it 4WD low range got the job done but the first five miles was a little bumpy. :hide:

Is that all..:rofl: I'm just glad that Nor'easter is gonna miss us... I ..am all done..

Well it is warming 13 deg F this morning so it was nice to wear a ball cap again. The bad news is that @#$%&%$ Syracuse is up 130.9 to 130.7 as of this morning even though I brushed off 2 inches of fresh powder at my house they didn’t get much at the airport. They are calling for a couple more inches in the Snow Belt today maybe some of that will drop off in town.

Load up the truck and drop the snow off at the airport before the snow measure guy gets there.., we want T-shirts.

12 degrees and 3 inches of new snow at my house this morning they had to get an inch or two at the airport. Take that Syracuse. This could be our last hoorah as they are talking 50 by the end of the week.

Now if I could just get them to move that airport south about 10 miles.

As a side note the airport has an international designation Erie International, I think we have a flight that goes the 30 miles across the lake.

Erie 133.1 Syracuse 131.1 :clap::beer::D:banana:

6.2 days Nashville, Tennessee 6.3" Total Y-T-D

One good snow and I think we can catch up with you...:banana:

Just drove 30 miles thru the worst snow of the winter. Counted 6 cars in the ditches on the way. Rain and ice all morning then 6 inches of really wet snow on top. Airport should measure at least 4 inches. Spring time in Erie.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

It's 44 degrees tonight at my mountain house with a slight breeze, still don't have the top on the jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

After Saturday’s storm Erie picked up 4” Syracuse Zippo. Buffalo came on strong with a half a foot and is closing in on second place. Standings as of Monday morning going into April is, Erie 137.1 , Syracuse 131.6 and Buffalo 128.7. Things are looking good as they are calling for temps in the 60s tomorrow. I was at Walmart yesterday and the huge display of spring flowers was buried under 6 inches of wet snow. But by evening it was mostly melted. Lots of black ice driving to work this am.

Well it hit 73 here yesterday talk about a sudden change to your system. I counted about 20 people out walking past my house as I worked on cleaning the garage that has been the makeshift wood shop all winter and without heat there was no picking up going just cut it and get back in the house.

As to be expected those sneaky Syracuse New Yorkers tried to pull a fast one and looking at the snowfall site we clearly had a 5.5 inch lead. Now out of the blue they jump by 2.2 inches and it just happened to be April first. Hmmmm There is a delegation ready to head out if the numbers are not corrected soon.

Update they fessed up to the prank read more here.
http://goldensnowglobe.com/

The heat wave was short lived this morning we showed 34 was nice no frost on the windshield.

Northern NJ , we been starting our mornings in the lower 30's lately, but the afternoon are in the upper forties - yesterday the mid 50's. The last of the snow is only lingering in the deep shade.

Latest posts

Back