Remodeling studded house from the 20's

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poorboy

Reaction score
Checking all my work before inspector is called in Michigan, can my ground and neutral connect in the same bus bar? New 100 amp box with two bus bars, both still connected, just wanna double check. Have whole house done, just checking. Also, do I have to staple wires to studs in wall, or just inder house along floor joists?

In the panel with the main disconnect you can put the grounds and neutrals in the same bus. One neutral per hole.
If the walls are open then staple or support every 4 feet. If fishing cable through already finished walls then you do not need to bust open the walls to staple.

Thank you very much. I know that only one nuetral per hole (like you said), but what about adding a ground in the same hole with it?

Do not add the ground to the same hole with the neutral.

Neutral must be one wire per hole. I should have said one wire instead of one neutral.

kok328 said:
Do not add the ground to the same hole with the neutral.

Thank you both very much. I am currently fighting to keep working on the studded home that I bought for xmas. I just finished mudding the drywall, now I have to tear down one interior and one exterior wall for them to inspect it all. I am from a state and area where there are no codes, this code stuff is really irritating. I have ran everything correctly except I have to seperate the wires in the box now. Thank you so much, I rwally appreciate the help. Hopefully I will be able to continue with the restoratiom and move in soon.

Latest posts

Back