worst part of any job is cleaning up...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokosz

Reaction score
yes it is. You're done but not done. Whats worse is when your clean up uncovers a "What is that?" object.

Here's mine. I have a large clear area in part of my kitchen. Through tthe winter it held many things mostly waste&demo. but was also an area I could use for staining. When I stained I made sure to cover the floor.

So I was bummed to find the following:

it appears to have dripped into the image area. And I've got no recollection of wiping causing that big smear.

Simple water did nothing. I'd done some chemi-stripping (see my other threads) but not in the kitchen and was _really_ careful with the residue when disposing. Besides that residue was a dark brown -- not this red-tan.

ok. Lets try some chemicals: Strypeeze -- did nothing except eat the linoleum. Paint thinner -- nothing. brush cleaner (a green one) -- nothing. Mohlenburger(?) foam&reside remover -- nothing -- but it did seem to work a bit on the gray dinge. note for the future.
Only glues I used were wood glue -- and that dries yellowish

M-burger makes another product for res removal haven't tried it,

The crunchy stuff is _hard_ a spackling/putty knofe wouldn't even crack the crunchy stuff.

I know you folks weren't here. but do you recognize the gunk? Any ideas on dissolvers/cleaners?

I haven't tried Oxalic acid yet -- that actually did a great job of releasing some wood prservative/stain that got on some formica and sat for years b4 i tried cleaning it.

thanks for any ideas!

i've got mice - they go away for the summer -- so i can't ask them now.
such a strange situation. I've found other small stray drips away from the mess -- seems like i brought the mess into the room

I was thinking maybe you had kids.
You covered the floor with? was it new or what was it used for before this?

Back