My westy

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if somebody could help me. Iv had a westy since very young - 8 weeks infact she is now going on 7 - 8 months old. I heard that she would be in season after 6 months . Her season may of come and gone but i never noticed any difference in her what so ever. When will she be in season again and how will i notice?

Mr. Plumber, this is a topic that would be better asked over in TXBuilders new plumbing web site. We can discuss Canadian Holidays, new cars, home brew, perceived racism, dirty ears, Inspectors funny hat, but K-9 breeding is probably best left alone;)

Seriously, call you vet and ask when you can expect it and what to look for.

I kinda doubt any of the plumbers would know much more about it either.

When do Westie females go into their first heat? - Yahoo! Answers

Unless you want to be advertising free puppies for good homes in your local newspaper, then your best bet would be to keep your dog indoors and/or to have her fixed at your local vet asap. There are responsibilities associated with pet ownership, and having your pet spayed or neutered to prevent unwanted pregnancies is one of them.

I kinda doubt any of the plumbers would know much more about it either.QUOTE]

Nestor, there are a LOT of folks on TXS new plumbing site from the jeep forum. And they know most everthing about everything. Next thing you know we'll have a thread about "Who has the hottest Westie?":clap:

My greyhound is spayed, but still just went into heat. (evidently they left a little ovary tissue behind). Her symptoms were swelling of the genitals (vulva) and slight blood spotting when urinating. She also left some blood marks on her dog bed cover.

Oh, and she's been really short tempered. ;)

Oh well, I guess there are certain topics that can be easily "Google'd" like this one... :)

Back