Hey American Friends

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nestor_Kelebay

Emperor Penguin
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, Eh.

May your turkey be tasty, your family healthy, your business prosperous and your football team win this weekend.

We deep fried a turkey today and the bad thing about that is everyone liked it so well there are no left overs for turkey sandwichs later.

I had a similar issue. Thanks Nestor! Since you celebrated it earlier than us didn't you already know it was going to be good?

Yeah, the whole family coming together in one spot to have a big meal is usually a happy time.

You guys have your Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving. Here in Canada, everything goes on sale the day after Christmas, or Boxing day. (How blatantly opportunistic can you get. Putting everything on sale the day after Christmas is as good as saying "We're gonna milk you for all we can when we know can, and then put that same stuff on sale once we don't have you over a barrel anymore.) It's the same thing here as it is there; people standing in line out in the early morning cold for hours waiting for stores to open so they can get real sweet deals.

When I was younger I used to stand in line for those sales too, but not anymore, and I've figured out why. Nowadays they have cell phones on sale with text messaging, downloadable ring tones, built in cameras, e-mail access, internet capable, etc. I have a cell phone. I use it as a phone. I could probably change the ring tone if I wanted to. I have yet to learn to use it for it's text messaging, e-mail, and internet capabilities. I use it as a phone, period, full stop, all she wrote. Why would I stand in line at 5:00 o'clock in the morning to get a "better" phone that allowed me to download music too? That would be just another feature I'd never use.

That's why the older generation doesn't stand in line for Black Friday or Boxing Day sales.

Latest posts

Back