Slope in garage and driveway

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tordah

Reaction score
Good Day,

I have a slope that creates a pretty big gap under my garage door, it starts about 2/3 the way to the right of the door and right to the end. The dip is right on the corner of the garage so it's both inside the garage and out together, it's about 4 feet by 6 feet. The thing is, I looked at google maps and I don't see that gap 6 years ago when the picture there was taken. I will upload a couple photo's when I get home tonight.

I am trying to find the best way to rectify this issue as this year my garage flooded when the snow melted because of this. I have thought about cutting the cement and putting a drain in just outside the door, however when there is snow over it, which is possible, it won't help when it melts. Someone was suggesting self leveling cement, but that would be a big area and would cover the crack between the 2 floors.

Does anyone have any ideas? Need a fix that stands through freezing as I am northern Canada.

Last edited:
foam or mud-jacking's a specialty,,, self-leveling is not a wearing surface,,, you can either chop out 4' of driveway all across the door opening & replace the conc correctly OR cut off the garage door bottom to match the angle :beer: alternatively, you could also add a garage door extension to match slope

Latest posts

Back