DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > What did you do today?

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:40 PM  
tuffy
Liked 61 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Yes they are . thank you for commenting how's your friend? your mom sure much like the Olympics.

zannej Likes This 
Old 02-12-2018, 05:46 PM  
nealtw
Contractor retired

Liked 3053 Times on 2672 Posts
Likes Given: 5043

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
Painted 2 window casings and the wife made new curtains .the last picture is of the old. wouldn't let us down load all the pictures.
The GF has plants and sill damage that goes with that. I tiled all the window sills with cheap white tiles. After that I have done few of her neighbours and I have a few more houses to do.

People Like This 
Old 02-12-2018, 06:08 PM  
zannej

Liked 519 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

Tuffy, my friend's gf is still feeling sick. A friend of mine who is a pediatrician thinks it could be cardiac related. The girl is 20, but her mother drank alcohol and used meth while pregnant. So, it affected her health and stunted her growth.

She wanted me to come sit with her again today, but I'm trying to help my brother. He's still having severe pain in his gums. He was given a steroid shot and prescribed antibiotics, but they wouldn't give him anything for pain (and the narcotabs he got for his prior tooth removal aren't working). I'm worried it will mess with his blood sugar bc of the stress and I might have to take him to the ER. I wish I could trust the doctors at the local ER to actually help him if he went in to get something for pain. I tried to get the dentist to numb his gums but she wouldn't. Not sure why.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:53 PM  
nealtw
Contractor retired

Liked 3053 Times on 2672 Posts
Likes Given: 5043

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej View Post
Tuffy, my friend's gf is still feeling sick. A friend of mine who is a pediatrician thinks it could be cardiac related. The girl is 20, but her mother drank alcohol and used meth while pregnant. So, it affected her health and stunted her growth.

She wanted me to come sit with her again today, but I'm trying to help my brother. He's still having severe pain in his gums. He was given a steroid shot and prescribed antibiotics, but they wouldn't give him anything for pain (and the narcotabs he got for his prior tooth removal aren't working). I'm worried it will mess with his blood sugar bc of the stress and I might have to take him to the ER. I wish I could trust the doctors at the local ER to actually help him if he went in to get something for pain. I tried to get the dentist to numb his gums but she wouldn't. Not sure why.
If you call ahead they might have a dentist on call that could help him.
Our hospitals all have one on call 24 seven up here. The dentist just meets you at his office.
zannej Likes This 
Old 02-13-2018, 12:44 PM  
zannej

Liked 519 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealtw View Post
If you call ahead they might have a dentist on call that could help him.
Our hospitals all have one on call 24 seven up here. The dentist just meets you at his office.
None of the hospitals in my area have dentists on call. Hell, most of them don't have dentists period. Medical in Louisiana is terrible.
But, I ended up taking him to the ER because the gums kept swelling more and the pain was intensifying. Told the ER nurse and doctor everything he'd taken for pain, that we'd called his first dentist, gone to another dentist, gone to the gp, etc and nothing was giving relief. His blood pressure was dangerously high. It was a slow night though, so they took him in right away and the nurse was a sweetheart. He was given oral medication to reduce his blood pressure, anti-inflammatory injection, antibiotic injection, and a painkiller injection that took the edge off and let him get sleepy. He nearly fell asleep in the car on the way home. I guess he got enough sleep last night bc he already went to work.
I had to cook for my mother before I left and had to cook for her when I got back. I didn't get much sleep so I'm exhausted and my eyes are fatigued. But, I'm relieved that he's doing better. He said he could feel the swelling going down in the gums last night, so I think that helped.
People Like This 
Old 02-15-2018, 02:49 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 265 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Default weeee

Just came back from the Blue ridge Mountains..3 day trip to swap out some bikes.
Just beautiful... and now back in Ponce inlet enjoying the beach...Life is good.
zannej Likes This 
Old 02-15-2018, 04:05 PM  
tuffy
Liked 61 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Were lucky Jane we have a dental school here where you can get on a slide scale and only have to pay 25 dollars to get any thing done except dentures and we have 6 dentist working there and a whole slue of students and they are super nice won't turn any body away. Btw my name is Dave.
zannej Likes This 
Old 02-15-2018, 07:52 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1422 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
Just came back from the Blue ridge Mountains..3 day trip to swap out some bikes.
Just beautiful... and now back in Ponce inlet enjoying the beach...Life is good.
Hanging out in Mosquitto Lagoon again are ya?

Old 02-15-2018, 09:36 PM  
Flyover
Trying not to screw things up worse
Liked 104 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Wednesday: put together a new dresser for my preschooler daughter, slid the old one (which used to be her changing table) out into the hallway. It's a big heavy old thing. Luckily, trash pickup was the next day and I looked up "my zip code + bulk trash removal" and learned that bulk items like unupholstered furniture can be picked up along with your trash, just set it neatly by the curb. So I called my neighbor over (first time ever) to help me carry the dresser out to the curb. Thanked him profusely and figured that was the end of it.

Thursday, late morning: the trash can was emptied but the dresser remained by the curb, in pouring rain. I can't even put it up for free on Craigslist now. I rushed to the internet to find out what went wrong and realized the city I technically live in but near the border of, and the city whose garbage trucks pick up my trash, are not the same. (My wife warned me about this yesterday but I didn't believe her, because I'm such a genius. And humble too!) Found out I have to schedule a special bulk pickup with the city that collects my trash. Did this. Pickup is in 2 weeks.

Thursday, this night: had to call my neighbor back up to ask a favor...he helped me move the dresser into my garage, so it won't be sitting out front lowering all our property values, and my and my wife's self-esteem...especially since my son's birthday party is on Saturday and there's going to be like two dozen people over.

Worrying about what other people think of the appearance of your property is an irrational waste of time, but it's also what keeps civilization civilized! Funny how that works.
zannej Likes This 
Old 02-15-2018, 10:01 PM  
havasu
Garage Junkie
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I stand there holding a $5 bill, and never been declined. I even had the trash truck driver wait 5 minutes so I could load up three more barrels he emptied for me.

zannej Likes This