Craftsman RAS

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtool

Reaction score
Does anybody know roughly what year this craftsman saw was produced? I'm thinking early 80’s?? I was giving a saw exactly like this one. This one in the picture does have the updated guard kit on it.

radialsaw111.JPG

I saw that safety switch on saws in the 80s. Maybe the early 90s. There should be a serial number on it. Your local Sears could date it from that.

I will say early 80s. I had a 1975 and the main handle was black plastic. It also had the safety switch on it. I was unable to get the updated gaurd and free table because the cut off date was 1977.

it is deffinantly from the late 80's . because in the early 90's they changed the color andhorse power on there radial arm saws.

I called Emerson and they are sending me the updated guard kit. Mine also has the safety switch (the little yellow tab you remove). The recall covered 1958 thru 1992 but there were a few saws the kit wont fit, obviously papadan yours was one of them.

Did they decrease the horsepower in the early 90’s? What was the horsepower ratings in the 80’s.

I have that exact saw that i bought in 1979/80 - I got the updated guard/new table

Back