Half Work Half Dont.....going nuts!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guz168

Reaction score
Tried doing a search and looking for some information. Great threads but trying to figure out what is happening at my home. I'll try to explain.

Background
The living room, small dining room and kitchen are split between 2 circuits. Half on one and half on the other. We had power go out to half of the electrical on one of the circuits.

Circuit powers refrigerator, microwave, stove, some outlets and small dining room light and outlet.

We lost power to half the kitchen outlets, the overhead fan/light, dining room light and outlets and one hallway lamp nearby yet the clock on the stove, microwave and refrigerator are all working?

Recently put up the hallway lamp. Took it down and checked the connections, no issue there. Can't figure this out at all????

Any Ideas

Welcome Guz:
There is a nifty invention at Lowe's that allows tracing of wires in a circut. You can plug it into a receptacle, go to the panel, scan the breakers and find which one it is powered by. That may help you to sort out the problem.
Glenn

The unit I have only works with outlets that have power to them. Will this circuit tracer work on a dead outlet?

Hello Kok:
Sorry, the one I have seen is my son's and I don't know how it really works. I stand in your shadow and keep quiet when you talk electricity; you are way ahead of my expertise in that field.
Glenn

Hi! I new to this forum. Your post is old. So my question is, did you
get your electrical problems corrrected.

I will check back tomorow for your answer.

Latest posts

Back