No Backsplash Countertop

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dryflycaster

Reaction score
I would like to install a laminate countertop without a backsplash in a area that is aprox 24" Deep x 46" long in a utility room.

I have found quite a few "here's how to do it instructions" thus far but I would prefer to purchase what would be a standard counter top and then just cut it to the proper length.

Does anyone have a direct link or product idea that would get this done? I've looked through Lowes and Home Depot with no luck. I've also checked out the major laminate manufactures but I also struck out there. They have a lot of products but I was unable to find the one I wanted.

I find it hard to believe that every countertop without a backsplash that I've seen out there was made by hand and that I am going to be forced to make my own. There must be one out there somewhere that's fairly readily available at a reasonable price.

Hi Dryflycaster

I don't know where you are located, but have you tried a google search for counter tops. There are a few locale places I know of that will do this. Also, if you are anywhere near an Ikea, their laminate counters come flat (ie not cove top back splash). I hope this helps.

PS if it comes to it, square edged flat counters are easy to make. Just a thought.

Hi Dryflycaster

I don't know where you are located, but have you tried a google search for counter tops. There are a few locale places I know of that will do this. Also, if you are anywhere near an Ikea, their laminate counters come flat (ie not cove top back splash). I hope this helps.

PS if it comes to it, square edged flat counters are easy to make. Just a thought.

I'm in Northern NY and there arn't any Ikea anywhere near me. I actually got tired of clicking on the links in my GOOGLE search and not finding what I was looking for. That's why I resorted to the Forum.

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION !

There has to a be a local real lumber yard, there going to know some local cabinet makers.
It's rare to see small shops have a web site or an ad in the yellow pages.

There has to a be a local real lumber yard, there going to know some local cabinet makers.
It's rare to see small shops have a web site or an ad in the yellow pages.

Thanks!

I agree, I haven't tried that route yet.

1. First I usually look to buy premade items that I can modify or just fit into place.

2. Next I would buy the materials and make it my self (This is to costly and not worth the work considering the material and the tools I need to buy).

3. Last is the local contractor/shops. (I haven't pursued angle this yet)

I still have a couple of bargan lot stores to check out this weekend while the wife and I are out shopping.

Might want to call any laminate or cabinet shop about selling you a peice of their leftovers.

I have found a couple of places on-line that sell replacement laminated table tops for around $50.00. Since two sides are along a cornered wall, I can buy one a little oversized and then cut it to fit with about a 1" overhang on the remaining two finished sides.

That's probably the way I'm going to go with this project.

Thanks everyone, for the ideas.

Back