Toilet water in sump pump pit

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sf49168

Reaction score
I have my pit connected to sewer line ( I know not allowed ) however i just found out after 3- 4 years when I flush , some of the water traces down into my pit area via connection. Since main pipe has slight curve , water follows it in. This is reason for smell. Any ideas on how to correct this so water doesnt not go toward pump. I have attached pictures.

Thanks in advance !

image-3136846089.jpg

image-3189804791.jpg

image-455530957.jpg

You need a check valve in the pump discharge line so water will only go 1 way.

Why not just rotate the elbowed section in the middle pic counterclockwise until it's pitched downward, then you'll get no runoff. Use a couple of 45s to realign and return the drain pipe back to plumb and into the pit.

I have a check valve rite by actual sump pumps. However it is still flowing from main line down towards pump and / or sitting mid way ....

Adding a few 45s could work also ..... Can check valves go horizontal and maybe ill add one near main line .. I think only vertical though

Thanks

How about a trap to stop the free flow of gasses and then look at the open pipe just behind the white pipe.

Back