Paint Color For Bedroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decorgirl

Reaction score
I bought a new bedset this week and want to repaint my bedroom to compliment it. It is navy blue and white with a swirling design on it. What color should I paint? I am considering a muted gold, white, or another neutral color. Any suggestions?...I don't want to go dark because there is only one window and not a lot of natural light.

Thanks!

Maybe white with blue swirls on the wall they are easy to do
Or vis versa
If not try a color from a fav pic in your room
Gold do you very nice also!

I think the color you choose would depend a lot on what affect you're looking for. Are you looking for clean and crisp or a more dramatic look? I'd say you could go with a mustard yellow, the muted gold you mentioned, or even a deep red or orange if you're looking for dramatic. If you're looking for clean and crisp you could go with white, a light, bright blue, a bright red, orange or yellow. Navy is quite neutral, so I would say it truly depends on what you want in your room.

Pick up a quart of each of the colors you like. Go around the room and put some on the wall in different areas to see what each one looks like in different light. Make sure they are flat. Put them near window treatments and behind the bed to see them near the bed spread.
John

I just painted a bedroom with a similar bedset - I didn't think it would look good, but the client went for a crimson with a perlescent sheen, and a bronze trim - didn't darken the room much and looked striking with the blue.

I find a light, metallic blue color might work with what you describe - then go soft (eggshell, cream) on the trim

The use of color is also something very personal. It stimulates our senses, power our mood, and helps create a particular ambiance. How we respond to an individual color depends on our nature, extroverts tend to feel happy with bold colors, while introverts prefer more passive colors.

Through using specific combinations of color, combined with a careful consideration of simple color schemes is often the most effective.

Try not to use more than one or two principal colors in a room, as well as a contrasting or balancing tone. The best way to choose a background color for the room is to trial with a palette of different shades and tones, in combination with the color and textures of the furniture and materials. Remember the general color schemes of a home have to be in agreement. The walls define the space in a room, while the colors, to a large degree, define the mood.

Colored light, furnishing materials, and structural proportions, we can create a home that is welcoming, helpful, and comfortable. Walls are similar to background music: each color tone is like a musical note can create a pleasant-sounding harmony while others grate with each other.

The color with which we surround ourselves will without doubt have an effect on us, and so it is important to feel comfortable with our choice. A discussion with a professional color consultant can help to decide individual needs and select appropriate color.

Colors can be divided into three main groups: those that stimulate and uplift, those that relax and calm, and those that provide harmony or balance. So, having taken a number of things into thought when decorating a room, such as the size of the space, the amount of light, the function if the room, and the style and mood we wish to create, we finally, and most importantly, need to consider the needs of the people who use it.

About The Author: Roger King has been involved in home interior painting for several years, and has been helping people find and review the best value for interior painting solutions. Visit his Web site http://www.decorativeinteriorpainting.com to learn more about this service.
decorgirl said:
I bought a new bedset this week and want to repaint my bedroom to compliment it. It is navy blue and white with a swirling design on it. What color should I paint? I am considering a muted gold, white, or another neutral color. Any suggestions?...I don't want to go dark because there is only one window and not a lot of natural light.

Thanks!

You could also try a lighter shade of blue, and add some furnishings with a yellow tone to create a contrast.

If you're going for a crisp, modern ambiance I would go with a stark white and use accessories, pictures, linens, etc. to add punches of color throughout the room.

If you're looking for a more clean and traditional feel, I would go with a neutral, medium shade of tan.

I agree with your idea for muted gold -- think master bedroom on a yacht or even the presidential Oval Office!

Thanks!

The colors you have chosen is not bed option. They are really very good match. You should keep it on those colors.

I think bedroom is the place where we feel secure or pour in our thoughts, so i think any mild color will look good, light blue color will look great with you bed combination.
light green will look so fresh and will relax the mind so its up to you to decide.:)

decorgirl, finding inspiration for your bedroom is quite easy to come by. You could find ideas that you like in so many online and paper magazines, on a home improvement show, or even in the shops with a display. The only problem you are faced with is what should you choose for your bedroom and what you think will suit you the best. Everyone has their own tastes but a good thing to go for is a nice relaxing color and not something that is too vivid.

You may have looked around and still feel like you are no further forward. If this is the case, it may be worth calling in an interior designer who will be able to help you. There will be a consultation fee but it is worth it especially if you are not going anywhere fast.

according to me white colour is best for bedroom. White is not the only bedroom paint color, which is suitable, or a restful color for bedrooms. Borrow from nature, which rarely errs.

Latest posts

Back