Hello from Pittsburgh

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciera

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a first-time homeowner in Pittsburgh. We purchased an old home (well, that's about all you get around here), built in 1925 (that's a new house on my street). The old owners were elderly and weren't able to do much maintenance, so we've been doing quite a bit. We've already taken care of most of the landscaping, removed the paint off some window trim and restained it, and we hired someone to fix the ceilings (two false ceilings covering plaster that was falling out). And we have now replaced almost every appliance (oven just broke...only thing left is the water heater...). Of course, they all broke after the home warranty expired.

Now we're onto a few new projects (concrete work, more paint removal, and wood paneling removal). I'm sure I'll be posting about them soon. :)

My skills aren't much yet, but I know a reasonable amount about gardening and landscaping now, and I've got a basic understanding for plumbing and electrical. More than I want about plumbing right now, actually. Our service line broke (not a DIY project) and two plumbers and 8 weeks later, we have water and a sidewalk again.

Welcome Ciera:
We are happy to have you and want to help if we can. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the plumbers. Its guys like that who give the real professionals a bad name.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back