Want a gas stove, but not sure about my gas line

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzyd

Reaction score
Several years ago I remodeled my kitchen and at the time I opted to keep my current appliances. Now I am looking to upgrade and what I would really like is a gas stove. During the remodel my contractor happened to point out the gas line that was near where the stove used to sit. We moved the stove a bit and now the line is about a foot away.

Is the distance a problem for a new stove? Will a typical Home Depot contractor have any trouble with the installation?

And my other concern... any possibility that the line to the kitchen might not work? I am not sure if it was ever used before. The house is about 30 years old. I am afraid that I'll get a new stove delivered and then it won't work.

Thanks!

Home Depot contractors are subcontractors for Home Depot and should have no problem making up the extra foot to reach the new appliance. However, if the gas line is no longer connected to the gas lines in your home, you may have to hire another contractor to reconnect the stove gas line to a live feed. The same contractor may be able to do this for you but, I would suspect that would be between you and him not Home Depot.

also, to answer your question about distance. No, extending the gas line one foot wont be an issue.

"Home Depot contractors are subcontractors for Home Depot and should have no problem making up the extra foot to reach the new appliance. "

Almost thought I lost the rest of my mind ...LOL

Back