testing primary breakers ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindalalya

Reaction score
how do I test a 200 amp breaker going to another 200 amp breaker (mobilehome set up) I have all proper test equipment..... electrictian left when he installed the # 1 - 200amp on meter panel and did not test the inside panel he wants 200 to come test it. I asked him before he left and he said it will work don't worry about it when I am ready to use elcetric just flip on the inside 200amp breakeri get no electric to inside panel box when inside panel 200amp breaker is turned on??? I will not pay again
I have a 400amp meter what wires do i test for read? where do I put my leads?

" I have all proper test equipment"
What is this equipment that you have? If I'm reading this correctly, your saying that you have the "test equipment" but, don't know how to use it?
You have to turn on the outside breaker to get power to the inside breaker.
After reading this four times, I have come to the conclusion that you want to determine why your not getting power inside versus "testing a breaker".
Turn on the outside breaker and check the black wire to ground and the red wire to ground on both the line and load side of the breaker. Then check the black wire to white wire and check the red wire to white wire, on both the line and load side of the breaker.
Then do the same on the inside panel box.

So this clown did an installation, did not test it, it subsequently does not work, and he wants $200 to come and check his original work?????

A strongly worded phone call to him would be my next move. Any contractor worth his **** would come right back over and find out why his installation is not working.
:2cents:

lol

I did that however I live in the counrty 45 miles from town and nobody wants to come out here.............

Latest posts

Back