Laminate Wood Flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody84

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought 300 sq. ft. of laminate flooring for my living room. After pulling up all the carpet there is a spot near the door that was apparently tiled sometime because there is still a layer of thin set on the cement. I want to lay laminate flooring over the entire living room. How do I get the thin set up so that it is level with the rest of the room?

Cody84 said:
Hello,
I just bought 300 sq. ft. of laminate flooring for my living room. After pulling up all the carpet there is a spot near the door that was apparently tiled sometime because there is still a layer of thin set on the cement. I want to lay laminate flooring over the entire living room. How do I get the thin set up so that it is level with the rest of the room?

You can hammer and chizzle it off if it's on wood subfloor.

watson123 said:
For anyone needing assistance with installations or just general questions about Laminate wood Flooring please let me know. I am here to help. I understand how difficult it can be when selecting a new laminate floor, and how confusing some of the installations can be.

How long have you been in the laminate trade mind me asking.

Latest posts

Back