Need opinions on what to do here... (Pics Included)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hob

Reaction score
We have a gas fireplace (red) on one side of our family room and a wood fireplace (black) on the other corner of the room. In preparation of selling the house we need opinions on if we should leave them both be or take one of them out (likely the wood fireplace).

If you were a buyer and walked into this room what would you want to see regarding this matter? Apologize for Iphone picture quality.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Honestly, I'd leave them alone. Do they contribute to the warmth of that big room in the winter?? I'd celebrate them.

Yes both serve there purpose well in the winter. Although there's no question it's overkill for our family room to have two fireplaces but personally we've enjoyed having the option of our traditional wood fireplace or the flick of the switch gas, not sure how the general public will feel when they walk into this room though.
Thanks for comment!

I agree, leaving the option for the buy would be best, make it clear that you can remove one if need be. It may make the sale the way it is.

Back