~ My first home, my first project. (not 56k friendly)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sample of the texture in the bathroom (best lighing I could find to show the work)

DSCF4486-1.jpg

Inside the doorway where we added the air supply to the upstairs:

DSCF4451.jpg

DSCF4450.jpg

Looking upstairs:

DSCF4495.jpg

I REALLY need to get a fisheye lens for my camera to better capture the work.

Looks great. Lots of trim ready to go, good for you.

One thing I always do before I paint and finish trim. I run any plumbing fixtures and test shower pans again because they get damaged when working around them. I also test all lighting with temp bulbs and all outlets get installed before I paint. Some folks like to paint first, I just tape the outlets with a wide piece of tape. This way if there are any issues, I get to them before all that other work is done.;)

Just a professionals opinion, been there could not find the wire, and the trap never got glued.:D:D

Great job!
Congrats on the new house!
One question what did you use for the ceilling texture? I want to do it in my small bath to fix a bad job someone did in there.

Also just a thought check out omaha(dot)craigslist(dot)org I bought a house too & this site has been so great I got a free stove that was almost brand new! The people had bought a new one & wanted to give it away.
You are doing a great job thanks for the pix too love it! :D

Great job!
Congrats on the new house!
One question what did you use for the ceilling texture? I want to do it in my small bath to fix a bad job someone did in there.

Also just a thought check out omaha(dot)craigslist(dot)org I bought a house too & this site has been so great I got a free stove that was almost brand new! The people had bought a new one & wanted to give it away.
You are doing a great job thanks for the pix too love it! :D

Actually, while my dad and I did all the Drywall hanging and rough joint work, we hired a pro to do all the taping, ceiling texture, and sanding. Got a heck of a deal on the work, the guy did the all of the main floor for $450

That covered:

Cielings in: Kitchen, Bathroom, Living rooom, Office, Extended Bedroom, and entryway

Mudding/Taping/Sanding in: Extended bedroom and living room

I think I made out a bit more than ok :)

Another dry spell w/o updates, work and school have been keeping me pretty busy.

At this point, the living room and extended bedroom have been primered and painted, most of the laminate flooring installed in the living room, and the upstairs bathroom project has begun.

This week is finals week, so I'm hoping to make some mad progress once those exams are out of the way.

Here is looking into the entry way where we had run some ductwork what seems like an eterntity ago:

DSCF4519.jpg

DSCF4520.jpg

Here is the progression of the living room/hallway area:

DSCF4512.jpg

DSCF4523.jpg

The flooring is too dusty to show all that well in the pics, but it's pretty good looking.

I know someone will probably ask about the underlay; I didn't cut corners, just went for the kind of flooring with the underlay already built onto the back of the boards. Ease of installation FTW.

Looking into the bedroom we extended:

DSCF4552.jpg

DSCF4553.jpg

Moving upstairs to the new bathroom project:

DSCF4555.jpg

DSCF4557.jpg

DSCF4558.jpg

DSCF4560.jpg

I definitely have my hands full, but it's great to look back at the older pics and see the progression (two months of ownership in a couple days here!!!).

Finals are over and I have three weeks before the next semester. Time for a flurry of productiveness!

Here's the progress in the upstairs bathroom:

DSCF4577.jpg

DSCF4575.jpg

DSCF4574.jpg

Poop pipe downstairs and copper for water:

DSCF4580.jpg

Here's some more pics, I've been slackin on updates lately:

Trim has been in for a while:

DSCF4602.jpg

DSCF4598.jpg

Office is painted:

DSCF4591.jpg

DSCF4593.jpg

Shower is in (teaser I know):

DSCF4596.jpg

We've done a lot more than that, I just haven't kept up on the photos. I'll try to get some more asap.

Buenrostro you rock! You have a ton of energy. Thank you for posting your progress.

Finally took the time to sort through all the pics I have to date. Since my last update we've re-done the cieling texture in the upstairs (popcorn just wasn't doing it for me), nearly finished the bathroom, and started carpeting.

Here's a snapshot of the old ceiling cleared off:

DSCF4626.jpg

Dad working on the texture:

DSCF4628.jpg

Bathroom walled in and mostly sanded:

DSCF4633.jpg

DSCF4633.jpg

DSCF4639.jpg

Outside of bathroom primed, cementboard laid down for the tile, and the inside painted:

DSCF4649.jpg

DSCF4650.jpg

Lighting and fan finished up:

DSCF4652.jpg

Dry fitting the tile:

DSCF4661.jpg

DSCF4664.jpg

Tile going in:

DSCF4672.jpg

Tile almost complete (still need to grout):

DSCF4673.jpg

DSCF4674.jpg

DSCF4679.jpg

.......and in the downstairs:

I cheated and did attached pad carpet, we'll see how it holds up:

DSCF4684.jpg

DSCF4686.jpg

DSCF4690.jpg

And I had a change of heart on lighting and did a track light with warmer bulbs in the living room:

DSCF4658.jpg

That about sums it up, next weekend I'll be finishing up the carpet and grouting the tile.

Latest posts

Back