info on an old tool

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I acquired an old Milwaukee router, cat. #5650, ser. #452-44648, 10.0 amps, 24,500 rpm. I can't find any info, parts, or manual info on this tool. Wuold appreciate any help and any info. Thank You.

Make some calls to your local tool repair companies. They always have old parts and stuff folks never pick up. We had one close nearby and they had a tool sale, with lots of old stuff for cheap.
Happy hunting.:)

Thanks. Been working on that for a couple of mounths now. Don't even know what year it is. I was hoping some woodworker out there had one, part of the reason to try this website out. Thanks again though.

I have another question, looking for ideas. I rent a shop, @ 20' W X 40' L X 25' H. Since I'm renting don't want to put alot of money into insulating/finishing the whole structure. I want to build a 10' W x 16' L X 10' H insulated workshop structure that can roll straight in and out of the shop. Straight in and straight out. nothing more. Trying to figure out industrial/heavy duty casters? Go kart/ATV tires on modified axles? maybe just iron pipes fabricated with tire rims? Looking for ideas to stimulate the brain. Simple but works!

Thanks guys. The router info is close, not exact but it gives me a little time frame to work with. The casters are good too, just looking for more ideas. Thanks again.

I acquired an old Milwaukee router, cat. #5650, ser. #452-44648, 10.0 amps, 24,500 rpm. I can't find any info, parts, or manual info on this tool. Wuold appreciate any help and any info. Thank You.

What is the problem with it? Brush replacement is a common maintenance item for an old tool and there are generic replacements available, You may not need that particular OEM part if thats your problem.

Nothing is wrong with it. Initially, I wanted to change out collets to accept a 1/2 ". Found that. But I want to know the year to see if I can get a manual and see what other accessories are available.

I have moved some pretty heavy loads on 3" SCH 40 PVC pipe even over rough ground.
Glenn

I have moved some pretty heavy loads on 3" SCH 40 PVC pipe even over rough ground.
Glenn

He means 3 inch, schedule 40, polyvinyl chloride

Otherwise known to plumbers and others as white plastic pipe for drainage or any other neat project you can come up with....like on top of your van to hold stuff.....normally sold in hardware, big box plumbing supply stores.

There are different schedules of pipe as they get larger, stronger, thicker.

I would still recommend some plain old recycled galvanized pipe, it's available everywhere.

Back