bath and shower

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfixitnot

Reaction score
hi,
I am still doing my bathroom, I am in the process of changing my tub faucet and my dw and I like this from ebay but the problem is that we have 8 in handle centers and every setup we find is 5 or 6 in. is it a big problem to replace te piping in the back or is it fairly simple?:confused:

If you have good access to the back side of the controls, the worst part would be dealing with the ceramic tile. You'd need to break out tile, and set new tile to your new control set.

As travelover said, unless you want to bust out some tile to change it, you're probably better off sticking with 8" centers.

There's another site that sells this type of fixtures:

Clawfoot Supply Co.

I am just about to place an order with them for a clawfoot tube shower enclosure. I don't know what your timing is, but once I get it, I'll let you know about the quality.

Here's an example of something similar to what you're looking for. The spread on the piping has a wide adjustable range (3-3/8" to 12-3/8")

They're a bit more expensive than what you'll find on fleabay, though.
sunflower-exposed_r.jpg

Back