Forum Member Experience with Glass Panleled Railing System

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curmudgeon10

Reaction score
So I am re-decking and re-railing our deck this spring. We have a great view over landscaping down to a good sized community pond. My wife hates the vinyl covered 1x1 balusters we have now due to view blockage. We have been kicking around the idea of using one of the railing systems that uses tempered glass panels. I saw one the other day that didn't even use a solid glass panel, but rather 4 inch wide or so glass "balusters" with air spaces between.

Does anyone out there have a glass panel railing system? What has been the experience with wear and tear, and most importantly --- keeping it clean?

I prefer a brand known as railblazers. They have solid panels for 6' sections as well as panels for 4' sections. They also have the strips you saw. I would recommend the strips if you are doing it yourself and don't build for a living, they are easier to figure out for placement. Just remember no gap should be over 4" as per code. I get the material from home depot. It is a little expensive but looks great when finished.

Back