sealing holes in the floor (Forced Hot Water)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdin

Reaction score
I recently had the heat in my house worked on, they installed all new forced hot water piping all over, they drilled holes in the floor and ran the piping up and its fine.

My question is, can I use the dow spray foam to seal around the piping? I'm trying to keep the boiler noise down from the basement, I know the pipes get hot and I wanted to make sure it is ok to use before i sealed the holes. Thanks

Any holes throught eh floor should have been fire caulked. It is available at any hardware or lumber store.
Sounds like there wasn't a permit? If not, it only affects you when you have a problem with the install not being correct.
Good luck.

There are lots of fire rated spray foams on the market, I guess you just have to read the labels about hot water pipes.

The permit was pulled but the final inspection has not been performed. I did find the fire blocking foam last night, ill fill the holes with that. Thanks!

Back