The news we have all awaited

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I for one was sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for the news.:rolleyes:
I wonder who paid how much for that research and how that will change anyones life.

Science is supposed to be about mastering the universe and ourselves and I'm all for it, but it seems to me that these resources could be diverted to the tens of thousands of more urgent problems awaiting solutions.

And I don't think the beetles care much about this, either. :(

I think there is some culture loss at how little people know about astronomy these days compared to how vital it used to be and the imagination it conjured. Most cities you can't even see the stars with the light pollution, even small ones.

I have herd stories about the power going off in L.A. and people phoned 911 about the strange lights in the sky.

When I was a kid I knew 33 of the 88 constellations and up at Lake George in NY state the stars looked so close you'd think you could touch them.
That was long ago and far away.

funny post in the times we live in. Not a study I would have liked to have been doing to smelly:D

Yes, being a dung beetle is a pretty lousy job but I've heard the pay is good. :p

When I was a kid I knew 33 of the 88 constellations and up at Lake George in NY state the stars looked so close you'd think you could touch them.
That was long ago and far away.

I didn't see the absolute night sky until I was in my early 20's driving in the desert of New Mexico. Even in West Texas, the small town lights span the flat land.

LOL, Maybe, but with it being so flat the light travels unimpeded.

So animals and birds understood navagation before man figured it out. And I guess the dung beatle invented the wheel.

Back