lux air furnace

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duane

Reaction score
induction fan of lux air furnace turns on, ignitor turns on and reaches 2300 degrees, furnace lights, ignitor goes out, furnace goes out - after a few minutes furnace tries to recycle - this repeats as many as five times, furnace goes on lock-out, will not light - must physically turn off power to furnace at switch in basment or thermostat cobntrol, wait a few minutes, turn power back on to furnace, try again - furnace will then run awhile, takes two cycles to run at times and produce heat - what to do?

have cleaned flame sensor and had same checked for cracks, checks out okay - please advise

Sounds strangely familiar.

I had a similar problem with my Luxaire, except once in a while the inducer fan would run and turn off before the ignitor even got a chance to heat. Other times, it would do what you describe.

My furnace guy sent out two different technicians who tried swapping flame sensors, ignitors and other things I don't remember, all to no avail. The final solution was to replace the whole control module (circuit board) for about $220.

Good luck.

Same furnace - same problem - I have a contract with my gas company - they have been out 5 times (3 different technicians) and have no clue - last guy swears the circuit board is OK the problem is the positioning of my thermostat. Just doesn't compute to me.:mad:

make sure you have a good ground at the igniter remove it carefully use some sand paper where the igniter mounts to for a good ground reinstall and see what happens ....but before you put it back look for cracks in the porcine..

Latest posts

Back