Hydroment Waterproofing membrane(Bostic Findley Manufacturer) versus rubber membrane

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewarch

Reaction score
What is the better solution for waterproofing in showers?
We have 3'X3' shower on a slab level.
We have used Hydroment Gold Anti Fracture and waterproofing membrane on horizontal and vertical application. It is a latex base , paint application. Easy to use. We have received some comments that it will not hold back water as a traditional rubber membrane.
Reading specifications of the product we have learned that it meets American Specifications:ANSIA118.10 and supposed to be a good barrier.
Do you have any experience using this product? We have not installed tiles yet. Out tiles are 1/8" marble tiles.

Thank you.

Hi

Myself I never use the Hydroment, but I use similar product called Pro Red by c-cure, and I know the Hydroment brand are as good as the Pro Red, and it should do the job of waterproofing your shower with no problem.
I like those liquid rubber membrane waterproofing better then rubbers type or the other type of sheeting, Easy, cheaper, and save lots of labor time

Hello tool guy` I was away for a while, and got lots of work when I got back.
Just stop to say hi and browse around

Hello ToolGuy

Good to see you again

Taking bit of time to relax

I saw you home page, good job you doing, I added your link on my site

:)

Back