Yet another new member

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forten

Reaction score
I ran across this forum while searching for information related to my big project: restoration of the ancestral homeplace, a 1915 home in a historic district in Jackson, MS. Living 800 miles away from the project adds to the excitement. I'm getting a chance to try some relatively new products, like "Smartvent" (http://www.dciproducts.com/html/smartvent.htm) to fix the attic ventilation problem without altering the appearance of the eaves. I found this forum while looking for solutions to decking over a room with a "flat" roof. In particular, I'm poking around to see what experience people report with the BISON deck pedestals. I didn't find anything on the forum on that topic, but I think I'll stick around and learn a thing or two.

Hi forten, and welcome to the forums. That sounds like a really cool project. I hope you manage to take plenty of photos to share with us and, of course, all the questions/answers you can think of. Glad to have ya aboard! :cool:

800 miles from your project...jeez Im living less than 10 miles from mine, and its been alot of ''fun'' so far.

Welcome, and you do have a digital camera right?

Back