Trane XL1200 inside blower won't work

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John1

Reaction score
My blower on my furnace (Trane XE90) won't come on when the A/C (Trane XL1200) is on. If I turn the A/C off and put the fan to manual, the fan comes on with no problem. The condencer on the A/C unit will run, but not the inside fan on the furnace. Do I need to replace the board? Need help

Possibly a problem with the thermostat.
As far as I know, the thermostat will send a signal for fan through the same relay on the board when switched to fan "on" versus fan "auto".

My blower on my furnace (Trane XE90) won't come on when the A/C (Trane XL1200) is on. If I turn the A/C off and put the fan to manual, the fan comes on with no problem. The condencer on the A/C unit will run, but not the inside fan on the furnace. Do I need to replace the board? Need help

Most of the electronic boards today, The green post is for manual fan runs the fan on a low speed like the heating speed. When you turn on cooling, the power comes back to the y post which goes to the condenser and also to a different relay that starts the blower on a faster speed. So i would say you have a bad board. Paul

I went and bought a new one and replaced it, but that wasn't the answer. Same issues,
thanks for suggesting

Possibly a problem with the thermostat.
As far as I know, the thermostat will send a signal for fan through the same relay on the board when switched to fan "on" versus fan "auto".
Paul, Thanks for the insight. How much of a problem is it to change the board? It is the UNIVERSAL HOT SURFACE IGNITION CONTROL MODULE (50A55-843) that needs to be replaced.

Paul, Thanks for the insight. How much of a problem is it to change the board? It is the UNIVERSAL HOT SURFACE IGNITION CONTROL MODULE (50A55-843) that needs to be replaced.

If you can let the board hang on the wires and then put the new board on furnace , then install one wire at a time. If you get those wires crossed you will have a real problem. Paul

Latest posts

Back