Slow toilet fill

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytron

Reaction score
I have an old toilet that flushes like a trooper, however, just recently, the water just trickles through the valve, unless I force the plunger rod down until the point that the whole thing looks like it's gonna snap right off. It is equipped with a "Fluidmaster 200" which I'm sure is obsolete by now, but I really dont want to replace it if it's just a matter of the inlet being plugged. I just need to know if the "Plunger Valve" can be taken apart and cleaned until the other Bathroom reno is complete. I'll probably replace the valve then

I just took it apart, by grabbing the shaft the plunger rides on and giving it a 1/4 turn counter-clockwise, it appears that the gasket at the bottom where the valve pin goes into the plunger is ok, so maybe there's an o-ring in the valve body that needs to be replaced?

What was I worried about? I went out and bought a Fluidmaster 400. (only $15) Installs in under 10 minutes, fills in half the time it used to

Last edited:
Back