Sprinkler line

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractng

Reaction score
I am looking to put sprinklers in the backyard. The only option I have is to run the water line from the front of the house to the backyward. Looks like the previous owner did that way when I put new sprinkers in the the front and saw the pvc going along the side of the house. I capped it off.

Would it be any issue to have a pvc line running that long to the controllers at the backyard? I don't have length but it typical 3 bedroom house.

Thanks,
tractng

They often take the water from the source before the pressure regulator valve to get more water. It won't be shorter to run thru the house will it?
Running thru the house could increase the amont of condensation on the pipes.

Sprinkler controls are typically bunched in one spot at the source of the water. This is called the "manifold." If you don't need the backyard controller out back (probably not) then cluster them in one spot and run the supply line (assuming only one zone) out back.

However, if you have more than one zone in the back, you will need to run a separate supply line to a cluster of controllers in the back. Of course, you will also have to run the full length of controller wire from the back manifold to the control timer so they can be actuated properly.

BTW, the bottom pic shows the power being provided through an external conduit to a receptacle box. I DO NOT like this setup. I would have taken power from inside the house, eliminating the conduit mess. Just sayin'

Asprinkler.jpg

Asprinkler timer.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will need to have 2 zones in the back. I installed the sprinklers myself a few years ago in the front. I am thinking of splitting the line from the front and run one long line to the back yard into the manifold.

Check out a friction loss chart before selecting a pipe size.

Latest posts

Back