glass top stove

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmiley

Reaction score
What is the most effective way to clean these? I have a lot of water spillage stains. Regular stove top cleaner is not helping.

They sell an abrasive type rubbing compound similiar to rubbing compounds for cars. Mr. Clean magic eraser thing works on some stains. It takes lots of rubbing but be careful it doesn't scratch the surface.

The water stains are most likely minerals left behind when water evaporated, especially if you have hard water. Fold a paper towel to make a pad, put it over stain, saturate, really saturate, with plain white vinegar, let it sit. It will take a while to disolve minerals in each stain and you may need to pour more vinegar on. keep it wet.

Soap, water and scouring pad will do the trick :)

I have a smooth top stove and use 'Carbona Ceramic Cooktop' cleaner, sold by Walmart. Used it for the last 2 years on my glass top stove with good results.

never use a pad that will scratch the surface i use 409 commercial strength degreaser from Home Depot its 9.99 for a big bottle. I let it sit basically respraying it all day long like 6 or 7hrs on a sat wipe sometimes to see whats left then take a razor blade and scrape every inch of top then when done use cream cooktop cleaner let it sit to dry it will come off chalky but everybody thinks mines brand new still and i cook 5 nights a week do this about once a week and it will look brand new mines black and 7 yrs old.

Back