pre-hung door on tile

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogmusicman

Reaction score
every pre-hung door I've installed comes with a plastic "spacer" on each leg of the frame presumably to hold the frame off the concrete if the door is going on a concrete slab. my question is whether that "spacer" is needed if the door is going to sit on tile which is attached to the concrete?

tnx,

That would be my guess and if the floor is out of level you will want to adjust a leg length so the both sit on the tile.

yes,but the question remains whether those "spacers" are needed. they add about a 1/4 in. to the height of the door and this leaves too much space under the door .

tnx

They are there so the concrete board can slip under the legs and then the tile goes up against the leg, if you already have tile there then they want to set on the tile.
You would like to have the legs about an inch longer that the door and sometimes you do have to cut the bottom of the door.
And in older houses the old doors were 78" instead of the 80" of today, then you have to adjust the framing above the door.

Latest posts

Back