DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Appliance Discussion > NAS drives

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:59 AM  
nunyabiz1
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have the DiskStation DS412+ with two 4TB Western Digital Red hard drives which gives me 4TB of mirrored storage.

Have had it for just over a year now with no problems, only package I have installed is the Photo Station which works great.
I was planning on installing a few more like the Cloud Station and maybe Plex Media Server but never really messed with it since at this point all we use it for is to load all our pictures & videos on to free up our Phones and Tablets and to make monthly clone backups of all of our PC hard drives.
So don't really need anything else.

It is nice though knowing that whatever comes up that we can expand and it can handle it no problem.

I am thinking though that IF Santa brings me a Gear VR (Virtual Reality) for my Samsung Note 4 that I will most likely download the Plex Media Server to download all the High Def and 3 D movies an such so that I have lots of movies to watch in VR without taking up any space on my phone.

Last edited by nunyabiz1; 12-05-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:42 PM  
slownsteady
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1133 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 1850

It's been a while since i looked at the packages...can't remember names right now. I like the idea of retrieving files remotely. I'm not sure that I need a music server; the drive seems to play smoothly to three computers (not often using all three at the same time, though).

I'll get back to this when I review the packages again.