Router table for Milwaukee 5615

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quattro

Massive Tool Belt
Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a Milwaukee fixed-base router model 5615. I'd like to buy or build a router table for it.

Anyone have experience with router tables? I don't have a lot to spend...probably $150 max. Can I buy anything quality for that much that will fit my Milwaukee?

I'm hoping to make my own basement window sashes. I have procured a source for custom-size insulated glass units, so now I just need to make my own sashes. I'm confident on the rabbet cut to inset the IGU, but unsure about joining the sash corners...and figured a mortising bit would be the best way using a router.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks!

When I built my table it was out of melamine (plastic coated) particleboard. Basically what a lot of cabinets are made from. I used a white 4x8 sheet. $60.00
I cut the sheet to a 2x6 table and made a plywood brace under each side to keep it flat. Then I drilled a hole for my router and screwed it to the underside. For a fence I use a scrap piece of the melamine shaped like an L and some clamps. This is the type the pro's actually use. My friends all own shops with this style in them.
Just set up on some horses and you are portable.;)

Hello Quattro... I saw your post but couldnt find the plans for my table. Ran across them today... This is a set of complete plans with step-by-step directions to build a very nice and very functional router table.
I will scan the plans and send them to you if you wish. The plans were developed by Woodsmith many years ago. They have a web site you can look at to get a feel of the quality they offer. Just do a Google search.
Let me know if you would like a copy of these... PM me here or e-mail me at [email protected]. I will scan and send to you.... Plans are 6 pages.

I've just about completed my router cabinet. Cost was pretty high I figure around $250.00. And I had left over plywood for the carcass. The plate, top and some hardware was all I needed to purchase.

Back