would you buy this?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone!
Thank you all for contributing to this post, it was a pleasure reading all of the posts. But if you look at bud's last post there has been something better made than this product.

Thanks!

-Carter

I'm sorry it wasn't buds last post. It was the video at the top of the page.

The hardest part of invention and taking an invention to the next level is trying to prove your invention not worthy or has already been invented. In the old day I person could expect to spend between 5K and 10K getting a patent. Today it is sometimes only 15 minutes on line to find out it has already been done or done better. You have to search as hard as you can to disprove your idea, something that’s counter to what you want to find. You do not have to have a total claim to an invention though many patents are only improvements to what someone else has patented. I didn’t search out the patent on the guy I posted the vid from. His patent may have what they call broad claims and be something that would be impossible to get around or he may have the most minor claim something like the material it’s made from or the shape or look of it and anyone can come along and change it just a little and he has no protection. Add to that if he had a US patent on it that did have wide claims, someone in China will start copying it and it will cost you millions to get them shut down even if you ever do.

They always give young people these assignments in college to work thru an invention and they never really teach them what it’s like in the real world. It is nothing like it was in the late 1800’s

There still is a lot of inventing to be done and a lot of money to be made setbacks are actually a good teacher.

Aww. Maybe you'll come up with something else, carter. Its important to note that minor changes of existing patents can be deemed different enough for your own patent. I suppose it depends on just how different though. It looks like the stopper the stick-on stopper the guy used had a solid rod. Are there stick-on ones with a spring rod?

Don't give up on finding something to invent. I hope we will still hear from you.

I mean, maybe you can design a doorstopper that not only fits at the bottom of the door sort of like you designed but also doubles as an air block. You know how some people put a strip all along the bottom of their door to block cold/warm air from entering leaving? Maybe if you could combine that with a stopper and have the strip fit all along the bottom and also have the doorstop. Then you could do a piece that goes all the way across and could look sort of like a kickplate on some doors. Or something like that.

Last edited:
I am stuck on elevator pitch ? sales pitch ? elevator goes up and down, i am missing something.
my answer is no, i use the little spring kind that screw into the base board or the door

my exterior doors have a weather strip on them, this would interfere

I am stuck on elevator pitch ? sales pitch ? elevator goes up and down, i am missing something.
my answer is no, i use the little spring kind that screw into the base board or the door

my exterior doors have a weather strip on them, this would interfere

elevator pitch = 90 degrees:clap:

Hi everyone,

After I posted this about a week ago it seemed to gain popularity and I thought everyone had a good opinion, so I was thinking that if I need some feedback on other (potential) products do you want me to post this on this thread, or should I start a new one on reddit? (If I need feedback again) If I do I will post a link to it.

Thanks!

-Carter

Back