First Home in Pacific NW

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

After living in tiny apartments for the last ten years (and moving every 2-3) my husband and I just managed to buy our very first house near Seattle. It's in perfectly livable condition but there are a lot of projects available. Since I'm a student and my husband is a public school teacher, buying this place took nearly all of our cash--DIY is going to be a big part of my life for a while!

Being as I've always rented, repairs were always the landlord's problem and so I'm pretty brand-new to most of this. Still, I've always liked being handy and I think with help I'll be able to handle most of the things that need to be done. I'm happy to have found a place to tap into collective wisdom!

Welcome to House Repair Talk. We are glad to have been found as some of us tend to get a little lost round here sometimes. Make yourself at home and jump in where ever you like.

You will find lots of ideas ,help, opinions but "collective wisdom" not garrenteed! What area are you in.

I feel funny saying "welcome" because I just started here too :) I loved it when I was living in Washington state as a kid. Hope you find the help you need here. I love forums like this. Everyone seems really helpful.

Back