Baseboard heating problems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myteemyk

Reaction score
I've been thinking our home has been colder lately in the mornings. We have an old farm house with electric baseboards in 3 rooms and ceiling coils heat in two. All rooms had been warm. This morning I woke up and found our dining/ family room to be cold. This room sits just off kitchen. There is a baseboard heater on outside wall in kitchen area and another on the same wall in the dining area. Now the dining area heater was cold while the kitchen was fine. There is a wall thermostat for each heater. I checked the master bedroom and it was also cold. The master bedrm and dining thermstats are on the same wall. They were all working fine, nothing has been shut off, tripped, accessed. What could have caused this.
Seems like an electrical problem since even though dining heater and bedroom heater are on extreme opposite sides of house (dining-east wall & bedrm-west wall) the stats share wall & assume circuit. My other question is if nothing has been done to cause a problem, is there a fire hazard waiting to happen. The electricity has gone somewhere right. I can do basic switch/plug/lighting installs, but fuse panel/circuit(s) are out of my league.

Some breakers don't look like they are tripped and you have to turn them all they way off to reset them, If it has tripped you have a problem that you need help with. If the breakers haven't tripped I would check wire nuts behind thermistats.

Latest posts

Back