I know I must do my driveway sooner than later

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
We had our first snowfall. This meant that I used my snowblower for the first time on my "new" driveway.

I laid down some patio stones over where a 12x8 shed used to be, well, sort of. There is a chunk of about 6 x8 that has just gravel. Also, I may not have been exacting when I laid my patio stones down.

All of this made for an interesting time snowblowing.

It will cost the same to redo the driveway as it will be to install electricity in the garage.

I am guessing the garage will be without electricity

When I was a kid, we would look forward for the first frost to melt. That would loosen the gravel in the driveway so you could rake to a little more level.:p

This makes me happy to own equipment. I have about 20 feet of concrete outside my garage and then 1300 feet of driveway. The old owner had some sort of road base down that turned to dust so it was dusty in the summer and slick in the winter. I just brought in a bunch of Crushed Basalt and spread it and rolled it with my roller and it is like concrete now, I hope it holds up. I got the reject size basalt cheap and have about 500 bucks into redoing a 1300 foot driveway and three days labor.

Back