Fridgidaire acqua sensy multiple problems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpaccino

Reaction score
Problem(1) during the wash process, whether it's at the starting of the cycle or at resumption after a pause in washing, I have to assist the motor by placing my hand inside and turn the clothes for it to wash.

Problem(2) the machine let's out water but the tub does not spin, you can here the motor but nutting is happening, if you lift the cover open during this cycle you can here the motor stops, as if it is spinning.

But with that said i have to sit by and listen for when the machine is trying to wash, so as to help it spin and remove the clothes after it drain out the water after the rinse cycle

Sorry for the long delay in replying but I was away for the week. The model is FWLI124FLGWT. I did a little more troubleshooting and discover that it's like the motor is week or something, because when I remove the belt from the motor, it spins ok even the spin dry cycle. But when I reconnect the belt we have the same result.

Help!! Is it the motor, someone was mentioning to me about transmission is this the case?

FWLI124FLGWT

Got nowhere with that #....closest online was FWL111RBW0 FWL111RBW1

I did a little more troubleshooting and discover that it's like the motor is week or something, because when I remove the belt from the motor, it spins ok even the spin dry cycle. But when I reconnect the belt we have the same result.

See if the large pulley ( belt off ) will turn ok by hand....one direction will be spin and other direction will agitation...if the tranny pulley turns freely then yes something in the drive motor is going sour.

jeff.

jeff1 said:
Got nowhere with that #....closest online was FWL111RBW0 FWL111RBW1

See if the large pulley ( belt off ) will turn ok by hand....one direction will be spin and other direction will agitation...if the tranny pulley turns freely then yes something in the drive motor is going sour.

jeff.

Yes it does turns ok, but how free should it be, When I put it on spin or wash it just need a small, push to get started and it's ok ( hard to stop) it's just that initial start it cannot accomplish, even when there is nothing in the machine.

Last edited:
Yes it does turns ok, but how free should it be

Mild resistance.

When I put it on spin or wash it just need a small, push to get started and it's ok ( hard to stop) it's just that initial start it cannot accomplish, even when there is nothing in the machine

Make sure the capacitor is good...
Testing a capacitor

If the cap is good, nothing holding the motor back from running but still needs help....that would sounds more like a sour motor.

jeff.

Back