Painting over silk paint?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reipoh2ohg

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I decided to take about 10 days off to help paint my sister’s home. However, I made a rather poor decision in using silk paint. I thought it would easier to clean and easier to maintain. Had also hoped it would be more scratch resistant and more durable.

Now my issue is that I did not skim or plaster the walls before I started decorated. This means that every dent in the walls (turns out there are quite a few) are very visible and the sister is (understandably) not very happy.

I tried to go back to normal matt emulsion paint but it will not cover the walls and ceiling properly. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

________

Essentially, to do the job right you are going to have to start over. Can you offer specifics as to the brand and line of paint in that brand that you used. I'd be better able to offer specifics with more information. Depending upon what you used, the process could vary considerably.

Back