Stud finder/laser level

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hacksaw

Home disrepair guru
Reaction score
Does anyone make a good quality stud finder that also has a self levelling feature that will shoot a laser line either horizontally or vertically? I've seen models that will shoot a horizontal line, but what about a vertical plumb line?

Zircon makes 90% of the stud finders out there. They hold the original patent on the technology used for the modern stud finder. They do not have a model with a laser level or laser of any kind to do this. You kind of need a device that will hold stick to the wall in order to do this. There are magnetic stud finders (CH Hanson q3040) that use the really strong rare earth magnets that have levels on them to make the process easier. But not one with a laser. It is a great idea. I'm a fan of the Franklin ProSensor 710 which is fast enough that I don't think you would need to do the laser stuff.

I am not allowed to walk thru the section of the store with the stud finders

when ever I do, they all start beeping when I walk by. management gets upset

cross I must bear, ;)

I am not allowed to walk thru the section of the store with the stud finders

when ever I do, they all start beeping when I walk by. management gets upset

cross I must bear, ;)

:help::hide::help:

Take a good looking grandaughter for a walk thru HD, the studs seem to come out of the wood work and they have laser eyes on her but I doubt if they are on the level.

Take a good looking grandaughter for a walk thru HD, the studs seem to come out of the wood work and they have laser eyes on her but I doubt if they are on the level.

that was good !!!

Back