Leveling my Dryer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdin

Reaction score
I think its the engineer in me but i have been leveling my dryer for an hour, every time i turn one foot and check if its level its not perfect or there is a little wiggle so i go and move another foot and it never ends...

I expect it to be solid and sturdy, am i expecting too much? maybe a tiny bit of movement if fine?

I alway level the back first, then level one side, this should leave one leg short and the unit will rock just snug that leg down to the floor. It wants to be really close to level.

Hi,

Odd, don't think we have ever needed an hour to level a dryer ;)

I like nealtw's way, sounds easy.

Sometimes we find leaving the front just slightly higher than the back is good for a dryer but no rocking on the floor.

jeff.

Hi,

Sometimes we find leaving the front just slightly higher than the back is good for a dryer but no rocking on the floor.

jeff.
Some instruction say level is important for the sensors to work properly. Important?

I usually level the fronts left to right and then just tilt the unit off the back feet and set it down on the self leveling feet built into the unit.

Some instruction say level is important for the sensors to work properly. Important?

There isn't any sensors in dryers....some have moisture bars that the clothes touch for electronic dry cycles, dryer could be lisping to one side and the clothes will still hit the bars when tumbling ;)
Kinda like the instructions tell us our refrigerator must be level to work.....but when the doors won't close we have to raise the front of the refrigerator a little to help with the door closing.

I usually level the fronts left to right and then just tilt the unit off the back feet and set it down on the self leveling feet built into the unit.

Dryers normally don't have self leveling feet.

jeff.

Latest posts

Back