Is this fixable....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonota

Reaction score
Or do I just need to start over??
If it can be fixed, what's the best way to go about it?

CIMG3392.jpg

Jon

Welcome Jon:
The steps appear to be part of the sidewalk as well as the porch. I would want to get a jack under the right side of the bottom step to raise it up and fill in with peagravel or small limestone but you would have to tear something up to get a jack in there. You may check around for a company that can pump clay under there to raise the step. Hydro-clay comes to mind but may not be in your area.
If you can't find someone who can raise the step, you may have to jackhammer the steps and start over. They were poured on fill dirt and it has compacted and settled over the years; I suspect you have a basement which leaves a deep fill to settle.
Glenn

according to what i can see ( glenn, obviously, has a better monitor &/or eyes ), they can be repaired/restored/rehabilitated but i can't see any settling that'd require mudjacking,,, do see a horizontal crk at the btm of the landing's riser but that's not scary, either.

i'm not sure you could do it but anyone who specializes in repairs can easily.

Back