Roughed in bathroom in the basement.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GGI

Reaction score
Just trying to gather general opinions on what exactly I'm looking at here and how much work was done when they built the house.

I know it may vary by location, but I just kinda don't know exactly what work has been done here or how much it cost. Eventually going to finish the basement and want to know how much less work, if any, there is to be done with how they roughed this in.

From what I can gather it should set up for a vanity then toilet and a shower off to the right. And there might be plumbing below the concrete. But I don't know what if anything else needs to be done to the plumbing, obv other than the walls and electrical and whatnot.

As in do I need to run a drain for the shower? And is everything there to be able to put a toilet in?

yAB308Y.jpg

SXoVaZN.jpg

The wiring is in the hole to prevent the dog from chewing on it.

I assume this is where the shower drain goes? Or does there need to be pvc piping down there?

EQMh4kp.jpg

Dug a bit and stuck a screwdriver down there and could not feel anyhting but gravel meaning we need a jackhammer to run the drain over?

8eZtmje.jpg

Could only post 4 pics in op...

I assume this is where I would place the shower as it looks like hot and cold water here but any thoughts on what the pipe to the left here is? It's the same one to the left of the drain in the other pictures fwiw.

9j2y5To.jpg

looks like your waste and vents are roughed in
you need to frame in the bathroom
using these numbers

,,,,,.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like, from what I can gather the long pipe with the hot and cold above it should have a drain part along the bottom under the concrete somewhere?

Then all that would need to be done, outside of framing and whatnot would be to add a drain to the long pipe from the shower some how?

Also we are planning on filling in the hole and drilling on the left side of the long pipe. I would imagine it won't be as easy as turning the long pipe around after we do the drilling?

And it seems we have no need for a thing that pumps the waste upward? Idk what they are called. :(

the long pipe by the block out in the floor is a vent for the tub

dig out the hole, you should find a 2'' ptrap. the tub sits there

I'm guessing tub means either bathtub or shower?

Kinda hoping to just have a stand up shower down there.

Based on the picture you posted we're gonna have a door by the north part of the tub drawing to the right of the toilet. And switch the hole in the ground over to the left of the pipe and put in a shower... if possible.

I'm guessing tub means either bathtub or shower?

Kinda hoping to just have a stand up shower down there.

Based on the picture you posted we're gonna have a door by the north part of the tub drawing to the right of the toilet. And switch the hole in the ground over to the left of the pipe and put in a shower... if possible.

I could answer that with a picture of that area
stand where the sink will be and take a picture

you need to dig the hole out, a tub can have a 1.5 trap but a shower must have a 2'' trap.what do you have?

Ju2YC4Y.jpg

So kinda obv why we want a door by the toilet and just a stand up shower. And the chairs recline so we need the space where the hole is for a wall then like 2 inches off the riser behind them to fully recline which is why I think we have to move the hole, but it sounds like it might be a pain?

Can go measure which every part if that would help in anyway.

Will dig out later and see what is down there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back