How to start with construction of my dream house?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good place to look.

Welcome Red Wazp:
The best source I know of is The Home Builder's Association; they have members who are certified in various fields.
Being your own general contractor is an interesting new challenge but, be prepared to find dead times in your building while you wait for another contractor to come in. They have a difficult time scheduling from job to job and it can get frustrating at times.
The rule of thumb is: build one to learn on, one to sell and one to live in.
Glenn

Back