painting uneven over hardie

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgibson

Reaction score
i had my house painted with Behr exterior satin. the hardie siding has an uneven luster when viewed at an angle, so we added another coat to no avail - all sprayed on. same paint/painter/sprayer on the garage door did not show this problem after just one coat. the hardie is primed, so that hopefully is not the issue. i will admit that it was up for a few years before painting, could that be an issue? it was a dry day, windy first coat, calm the second.

???

david

Although brushes are often sold individually, beginning oil painters often find that it is easiest to purchase a set of brushes for their first projects. This is especially helpful if you're not sure which paintbrushes suit your particular needs. You'll have an assortment of brushes to test as you're perfecting your painting technique. If you want to specialize in a particular area of painting, such as portraits or landscapes, you can even purchase prepackaged sets with the most common types of paintbrushes used for these projects.

Portrait Painting

Back