Floor tile

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPSTATE

Reaction score
I recently saw a floor tile system where you screw plastic tracks down. Then your tile snaps in the track for a perfect seem. But now i cannot find it. Does anyone know the product i am looking for?

I saw your question a few days ago and waited in case someone knew what you're talking about. I have no idea what it could be. All I know is that I wouldn't want it if it's anything as you describe. Why would you want a tiled floor with plastic between them? And, I'll presume the tiles are just sittin there. I'd rather have a permanent some what watertight floor instead.

The only thing with a grid system I'm familiar with are raised-floor systems used in special computer rooms so the tons of wiring can be run under the floor. The floor tiles kinda drop in similar to the way suspended ceiling work.

Jaz

I recently saw a floor tile system where you screw plastic tracks down. Then your tile snaps in the track for a perfect seem. But now i cannot find it. Does anyone know the product i am looking for?

I think you may be talking about Tuff Seal. They sell something like what you are describing. You should be able to find them with a quick search on google.

What do you need those tiles for? If you want them for a garage or basement you may want to consider our tiles. We manufacture interlocking tiles but ours do not seal. We do that on purpose as we want the water or humidity to dry beneath the tile. For garage and basement applications you would want air to flow beneath the tile.

I am not familiar with that floor tile system but I think the best from my experience are vinyl floor tiles. I bought vinyl floor tiles to give a new lease of life to some tired looking laminate. Did the job very well. The pattern gave the effect of making the kitchen look bigger. I would recommend vinyl flooring to everyone.

I also bought vinyl floor tiles. Vinyl flooring is an easy and affordable way to customize the floors in any part of your home.

Back