To Paint Or Not To Paint

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlWhiteGT

Reaction score
I just closed on my house & before I start moving things in I want to make whatever changes to it. So I'm thinking of painting one of my walls a different color in my living room. On the long plain wall, that is were my 65" TV will be going on a TV stand. That is the wall that I am thinking of painting. My question is, do you guys think I should paint it or leave it alone??? Mu couches will be some sort of brown & the window's will have White faux blinds. The fireplace is also going to change from brown to white.

Here is the wall...
MyHouse009.jpg

MyHouse008.jpg

MyHouse045.jpg

Front door...
MyHouse012.jpg

Pearl White GT, A pale golden yellow will accent nicely, you don't want too bold a color with the moving picture machine on the wall. Nice layout btw.
As big as Texas is, why is the fence so close to the house? Too many Bushes? Oh dear!

All the New subdivisions that are being built have small yards unless you get 2 lots to build on. I don't mind cuz I hate cutting grass. Lol...

A good friend of mine once told me to wait a year before making any changes to your house. I've followed that advice twice and was glad I did. This gives you a chance to get a feel for your lighting, your reflections, and your problem areas. It also allows all the problems your seller covered up with paint to re-appear, like a leaky roof or cracks or drafts.

A good friend of mine once told me to wait a year before making any changes to your house. I've followed that advice twice and was glad I did. This gives you a chance to get a feel for your lighting, your reflections, and your problem areas. It also allows all the problems your seller covered up with paint to re-appear, like a leaky roof or cracks or drafts.

This seems like a good idea to me, Thanks!

Latest posts

Back