Dishwasher replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipit008

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a portable dishwasher (normal size) on wheels.

I'd like to replace it. Just to know, can I buy any normal size under counter dishwasher and make it fit into my portable enclosure ?

In other words, are all these units standard size ??

Thanks for any info.

Marc P.

You are getting there ... The standard size dishwasher is about 24" wide, 24" inches and 35 inches high (with adjustable-height legs), those are approximate dimensions. Cabinet makers rely on these measurements to allow for them to be installed.

Not sure what your "portable enclosure" means ... Can you clarity? :D

It's a regular size dishwasher, but not under a counter. It sits within it's own enclosure on wheels and can be moved around. It has a hose hook up for the kitchen sink when in use.

As far as I can see, sizes seem to be standard, so it should work.

Marc P.

Anything is possible and I’m sure the manufacture has many items in common between their two products. I have had several portables go bad and the thought of swapping out the guts has never occurred to me. It could be a lot of work as I doubt they would be a direct swap even between the same manufactures because of the difference in model years alone. Just doing a quick search the price isn’t too much difference.

I had one house where I need a portable because it sat in front of a low window. On that one I left it there but cut the hoses installed a dishwasher tee to the sink drain and extended the water to it all under the adjacent counters. That worked out pretty good having the look of the portable and the convenience of not having to move and hook it up.

If you give the replacement a go let us know how it works and about how much the savings was.

I had a portable once and converted it to an under-counter. All I had to do was take off the chop block top. There was room for the enclosure which made it an extremely quiet dishwasher under the cabinet.

Back